Month: July 2014
Please click on above link for PDF File of flier
Details of Flier contents below:
Nurses’ Aide Course (8 credits)
Enrollment limited to the first 10 qualified students!
Must apply by July 15, 2014!
August 25 – December 19, 2014
Classroom Day: Friday
Time: 8:00 am – 2:30 pm
Laboratory and Clinical Days: Tuesday and Wednesday
Time: 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
Location: PB-7, Rm. 104
STEPS TO APPLY FOR ADMISSIONS FOR THIS COURSE (Due by July 15, 2014)
1) Apply online at: http://www.hawaii.edu/admissions Deadline to apply for course is July 15, 2014
2) Complete and submit the UH Application Form (select “Unclassified” as your major) and your MMR clearance documents to: Hawai‘i Community College, Admissions Office,
200 W Kawili St., Hilo, HI 96720.
3) If your application is complete, you will receive an acceptance letter from Hawai’i Community College with your UH Student ID Number.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR COURSE (Must be met by August 8, 2014)
1) Submit a copy of your Basic Life Support/CPR Certificate by mail or fax to:
May Kealoha, RN, PhD
Hawai‘i Community College
Nursing & Allied Health Division
200 W. Kawili St.
Hilo, HI 96720-4091
Fax No.: (808) 974-7778
2) Take the Compass Reading Placement Exam and score 50 or higher. Using your UH ID
Number, call the Hale Kea Testing Center at 934-2540 to make an appointment. (Students who have already completed ENG 20R or higher do not need to take the Compass).
Please be advised that you do not have to attend the College’s New Student Orientation and
acceptance into Hawai’i Community College does not mean you are registered.
STEPS TO REGISTER FOR THE NURS 16 COURSE
1) To register for the course, call 934-2720 to make an appointment with Counselor Kenoa Dela Cruz.
2) You will be given information about additional health documents and the criminal background check and drug screening procedure after your application is complete.
Please call the Nursing & Allied Health Division Office at 934-2650 if you have any questions.
SAVE THE DATE
Public Meeting on HHSC Services and Care
in the East Hawaii Region
Saturday, July 19 at 2:00 PM
1 Kamani Streetin Pahala
The East Hawaii Regional Board of Directors for Hawaii Health Systems Corporation ( HHSC ) is holding its annual public meeting on Saturday, July 19 at 2:00 pm at Ka’u Hospital, located at 1 Kamani Street in Pahala. Island residents are invited to attend this meeting, which will be specific to Ka’u and its surrounding community.
An overview of services offered at Ka’u Hospital and its rural health clinic will be presented prior to opening up the floor for comments and suggestions on the provision of healthcare for the residents of East Hawaii .
“We are seeking community input and assistance to develop plans in order to improve healthcare in East Hawaii ,” said Gary Yoshiyama , Chair of the East Hawaii Regional Board of HHSC . “With our anticipated healthcare reform changes, it is critical that we have dialogue with all stakeholders.”
The East Hawaii Regional Board of Directors was created by the Hawaii State legislature under Act 290 in 2007. HHSC facilities in the East Hawaii Region include Hilo Medical Center , Ka’u Hospital, Hale Ho’ola Hamakua in Honoka’a and the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home. Altogether, the four facilities combine for a total of 468 beds and over 1,250 employees and 250 physicians.
For more information, call Terry Larson, Administration Secretary at 932-3103.
A Tai Chi for Fall Prevention workshop will be scheduled on July 12-13 in Kona at the Kona Community Hospital.
States Dr. Myrtle Miyamura, “As we get older, preventing falls becomes so important to maintain our independence and quality of life.”